It’s amazing how two of the most random things put together and can do universal things for the inside and outside.
My mom has been telling me for years of how amazing baking soda and lemon are for beauty purposes and every day necessities. I knew that both together were great for facials but that’s all I thought. Well like always I was wrong and Im glad I was this time.
Here’s a list of why these two are just so great for you:
- Lemons contain vitamin C & flavonoids that work against infections such as the flu or colds.
- Lemons are amazing for your liver it’s a stimulant and it’s a dissolvent of poisons; drinking lemon juice with water is a great detoxifier for the liver to clean it out.
- Lemons contain 22 anti- cancer compounds and limonene which is slows/halts the growth of cancer tumors in animals and flavonol glycosides which stops cell division in cancer cells.
- Lemons have powerful antibacterial properties, the juice of the lemon destroy the bacteria of malaria, cholera, diphtheria, typhoid and other deadly diseases.
1. Clarifying moisturizer – Mix a few drops of coconut water with a few drops of lemon juice. The coconut will hydrate the skin and the lemon will brighten it.
2. Elbow & knee bleacher – if your elbows and knees appear dark, rub them with half of a lemon and they will disappear.
3. Blackhead treatment – Slice a lemon and squeeze the juice out and simply apply it to the areas that your face contain blackheads and they will begin to fade away.
4. Shine eliminator – Lemon is great for reducing excess oil.
5. Lip exfoliator – apply a bit of lemon juice to your lips before you go to bed and wash it off in the morning to help remove dead skin cells and dried skin.
6. Nail strengthener – mix olive oil and lemon juice and soak your nails. If your nails are dry/brittle/yellow this will definitely get rid of it.
7. Hair lightener – heading to the beach? Before you head out, apply some lemon juice to your hair to get some gorgeous highlights.
8. Dry scalp? – Lemon juice is also amazing for your hair especially if you have a dry scalp/dandruff.
LEMONS FOR EVERYDAY USE
- CLEANS OUT MICROWAVE – If you have a lot of food splatters/ stains inside of your microwave, simply grab a bowl fill it with a bit of water, vinegar, cut a few pieces of lemon & let it simmer in the microwave for a few minutes until its steamy. Let it cool, then wipe down the interior with a sponge.
- ATTACK THE TOILET BOWL – While wearing gloves, rub half of a lemon topped with coarse salt around the inside of your toilet bowl.
3. PREVENTS BROWN APPLES – To prevent browning, soak cut fruits and vegetables like apples, pears and potatoes soak them in lemon juice .
- SANITIZE CUTTING BOARDS – To kill any lingering bacteria after cutting meat/chicken, lemon great to remove that and to deodorize and sanitize the cutting boards.
FRESHEN DIRTY SINK – To freshen up your garbage disposal, grind up a few lemon peels once a month.
6. REVIVE HARDENED PAINT BRUSHES – Place hardened paint brushes in boling lemon juice on low heat. Leave them in for a bout 15 minutes and then wash them with liquid soap. Your brushes will be soft and brand new.
- Makeup brush cleaner – fill a bowl with warm water add a couple of teaspoons of baking soda. One by one add a brush to the bowl and swirl it in, leave the brushes soaked in for 20 minutes before rinsing thoroughly with clean water and allowing them to air dry.
- Toenail fungus – The nasty fungus living underneath your toenails needs an acidic environment to survive. Mix baking soda, tea tree oil, basil oil, sage oil and arrowroot is very effective against the growth of fungal infections in feet. Also, sprinkle baking soda in your shoes when your not wearing them to absorb odors and any fungus that may be lurking in them.
- Deodorant – Some of my family members do use baking soda as deodorant. It’s a great odor-repelling and anti-bacterial replacement for harsh conventional antiperspirants. Use a quarter cup of baking soda and the essential oil of your choice. Pat it under your arms after you shower and you’re good to go.
4. Pimple treatment – Baking soda dries out pimples and removes excess oil. Create a paste with a bit of baking soda with water and apply it onto the pimple. Leave to sit for 15 minutes then rinse off.
5. Treat insect bites and stings – Baking soda soothes the redness, itching and stinging from an insect bite. Mix a bit of baking soda with water and apply on the area. This also works for poison ivy and rashes.
6. Teeth whitener – Brushing your teeth with baking soda can hold off tooth decay keep your gums and mouth in good shape. Apply baking soda over your toothpaste or after your done brushing your teeth, apply baking soda on your toothbrush and spit out the excess of the baking soda.
7. Mouth wash – Baking soda is amazing for getting rid of odors not only for your under arms but also your mouth. A half teaspoon of baking soda mixed in a glass of water can freshen your breath.
LEMON & BAKING SODA
Lemon and baking soda are already amazing separately but them TOGETHER is genius. Here’s how these two babies make amazing things for your skin and other things:
- Skin brightener – If you have bad discoloration on your skin (dark spots/areas on the face) mix a couple of teaspoons of baking soda with lemon juice to create a paste. Apply it on the areas you want to brighten the skin and leave it on for 20 minutes. Remove it with a warm wash cloth.
- Jewelry Cleaner – To clean off the gunk of your jewelry and to brighten them mix water, lemon juice, and a teaspoon of baking soda in a bowl and soak your jewelry over night. They will be as good as new!
- UTI relief – Soaking in a bath with baking soda can help relieve a UTI by neutralizing the pH balance in the affecting area. Drinking lemon juice can help change the pH balance in the blood to the limit the lifespan of harmful bacteria.